Used Forklifts Vancouver | Used Forklifts BC
- Don't Buy A Lemon
- Contact Fleetman For A Second Opinion Before Buying A Used Forklift
A Used Forklift Buyers Guide
Many people have some sense for how to go about buying a used car but in the forklift world, the approach taken to acquire a used forklift should be very different.
Let’s first compare how a forklift is different from a car so that you can appreciate how much more there is to know before you commit to a used forklift purchase.
The Top ( 5 ) Ways A Forklift Is Different Compared With A Typical Car
- Suspension Systems : Forklifts don’t have meaningful suspension systems. Cars do.
- Hydraulics : Forklifts have masts and hydraulic systems. Cars don’t.
- Steer From The Rear : Forklifts steer from the rear. Cars steer from the front.
- Heavy Counterweights : Forklifts have very heavy counterweights mounted on the rear of the chassis and therefore they weigh much more than a car.
- Small Size : Forklifts are sometimes much smaller than cars and due to their heavier weight, can be much less stable than a car, particularly around corners.
As well, forklifts are subjected to a wide range of different applications that can be very tough and abusive. Some of these applications will shorten the life of the forklift and / or contribute to higher-than-normal maintenance costs down the road. Keep in mind, if you buy a used forklift that was previously used in an abusive application, you should expect the same will apply to you, even if you plan to use the forklift in a light duty application.
The Top ( 5 ) Most Abusive Forklift Applications
- Fish Processing
- Foundry & Steel Manufacturing
- Concrete Manufacturing
Just like in the car business, there will always be some forklift dealerships and dealer sales people that either don’t have enough experience, training or desire to do the right thing when it comes to selling used forklifts so proper due diligence is very important, otherwise you might just get stuck with a lemon.
In the forklift business, this issue is further magnified because forklifts are more likely to be damaged during normal operation, particularly if they have been used by abusive operators. To the untrained eye, much of this damage will be missed during inspection.
Forklift repairs are much more expensive than car repairs so it is very important to catch these repairs before you commit to a purchase. Fleetman can help steer you in the right direction and can protect you from these types of used forklift problems before you buy.
The Top ( 3 ) Problems Most People Encounter When Buying A Used Forklift
- Lack Of Warranty : What was perceived by you to be covered under warranty turns out to be something the dealer is not willing to pay for and there is insufficient documentation to reflect what was promised.
- Misrepresentation Of Condition : Did you get what you paid for? Is it safe? How do you know?
- Not WorkSafeBC Compliant : Don’t assume the dealer is watching out for this.
How To Protect Yourself From Loss When Buying A Used Forklift
The best way to protect yourself from a used forklift lemon is to contact Fleetman Consulting Inc. so they can properly assess what you need and provide guidance for how to go about finding it. They will also help you negotiate the acquisition so you end up with a great used forklift deal, but also, so you are protected.
Fleetman Consulting is an independent forklift fleet management and forklift procurement consulting company that is in business to make sure forklift owners have an independent resource at their fingertips so their needs can be properly assessed and their interests can be well protected. In addition, Fleetman takes care of sourcing all the right products and services while negotiating the acquisition of these products and services to the benefit of their clients.
Particularly with used forklifts, our services have significant value to potential used forklift owners because they can’t rely on original equipment manufacturer’s warranty like they can when buying a new forklift. There’s more risk and more to lose when buying a used forklift so extra steps have to be taken to shore up this risk.
As well, the dealer for a particular forklift brand is likely the only dealer for that brand through the entire area of BC so the used forklift purchaser will have limited options in the event there is a dispute over warranty coverage or the represented condition of the used forklift at the time it was purchased.
Our Most Popular Used Forklift Acquisition Services
Helpful Used Forklift Acquisition Reference Material
- Forklift Dealer & Manufacturer Directory For Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Think Twice Before Calling Your Local Forklift Dealer First
- Top 20 Forklift Manufacturers
- Forklift Sales Trends
- Forklift Buyers Guide
- Rent Vs Buy Vs Lease
- Total Cost Of Ownership
- Why Electric Forklifts?
- Fast Charge Technology
- Electric Vs Diesel Vs Propane
- Why LPG Forklifts Are The Least Attractive Option For Many Businesses
- Occupational Health & Safety Regulations
- Forklift Safety
The Most Popular Used Forklift Model Types
- Sit Down Counterbalance Electric ( 4 Wheel )
- Sit Down Counterbalance Internal Combustion ( 4 Wheel )
- Sit Down Counterbalance Electric ( 3 Wheel )
- Stand-Up Counterbalance Electric ( 3 Wheel )
- Narrow Aisle Reach Truck
- Narrow Aisle Straddle Truck
- Narrow Aisle Order Picker
- Very Narrow Aisle Turret Truck ( Man Down )
- Very Narrow Aisle Turret Truck ( Man Up )
- Very Narrow Aisle Articulating Truck ( Man Down )
- Ride On Electric Pallet Jack
- Walk Behind Electric Pallet Jack
A Partial List Of Available Used Forklift Brands In Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Aisle – Master
- Blue Giant
- Caterpillar ( Cat )
- Daewoo ( Now Doosan )
- Load Lifter